Friday, January 23, 2009
I Love Quiet
I'm known for being loud and being able to project my voice over a noisy room--having said that, I love the quiet right now. Not much to blog right now, not much time as I need to work. But had to say that my house is so still right now, and I relish it. Kyle was at home from preschool today sick. David has taken him into the doctor as I'm preparing for a party tonight. Makenna is conked out. And it's just silent here. Not a bird chirping, not a dark barking, no train whistles blowing...nothing. Some people think silence like this is deafening. Not me. When it gets this quiet, I really can feel myself alive. I'm not moving so fast, just sitting. Working quietly, having time to just think and feel my heart beating at a normal pace, rather than the high rate I hit during spin class and the rapid pace I probably have throughout my day as I go up and down our stairs dozens of times, get drinks and snacks continually, clean, clean, spill up mess...clean again...dress a child again, load up in the car, fast, quick, move, move move...lower your voice, be quiet, no hit, no scream...time out...let's read a book, give hugs, how I love the smell of my children's hair, let me just watch you play trains, I like seeing you think...I like seeing you feed your baby doll and rock her...as fast as my day moves usually, I like this quiet right now. Right now, it's just really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment