Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cancun was FABULOUS!







A little birdie commented today (wink!) that I was behind on my blogging and yes...it's a little fabulous thing called Southern Living At HOME! It's an amazing 'distraction' from my fun blogging! :) I just need more hours so I can blog my random stories. David and I had the absolute blessing and true gift from Jesus to go on an all-expense paid trip to Cancun, a trip I earned for us as a consultant for Southern Living At HOME. It was really a dream come true. My pictures are super-limited for a simple but unfortunate reason: my water camera was defective! EEK! Word to the wise--when using a water camera, only use Polaroid brand. The Walgreens' guy said that this happens all the time with Target brand cameras. He even advised against the Walgreen's brand and indicated that water cameras are sensitive and the name brand is what you should go with. I learned my lesson the hard way. When I bought the camera, it was right before we left and I was getting all my things organized and Target literally only had one water camera left--theirs. I trust the Target brand in many other areas so I must say it was disappointing to learn there was a hole somewhere inside so every picture was exposed to light. And all our 'action' pics were on that camera--zip line, swimming in a sink hole, the dolphins that we swam with, Isla de Mujeres, playing on the beach, in the ocean, etc...And really, we could've just used our regular digital. Fortunately, our dolphin pics were taken professionally and we bought those--and they are beautiful-- And the rest of our fun experiences will just have to be in our memories...no biggie--we'll be headed to the Atlantis in the Bahamas for next year's SLAH trip so we'll return to the tropics again--we were just so grateful and thankful to all my customers and hostesses and family that have encouraged me and supported me--you are all a rich blessing in our life and are the reason we were able to have this experience. Thank you so very much. And I love our SLAH family--amazing women to work with and share life with. I never thought that my business would bring me so many meaningful relationships and to top it off, relationships with Christian women and their husbands--what an amazing company that loves Jesus.

2 comments:

amy said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you and David. I'm very happy for you.

H Noble said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and I'm sorry about your pictures! What a great experience!