Friday, February 19, 2010

Kyle's Top Ten Questions for Jesus



Kyle has the gift of questioning...don't all kids though? His questions aren't aimed to annoy or simply to just hear himself talk. He truly wants answers. I answer as I can but you can imagine that most of my answers just prompt more thought-provoking questions. Here are the lastest, most common questions in no particular order...
(1) Why did Adam and Eve eat the apple? But why did they get tempted?
(2) What was wrong with that apple?
(3) How many years ago did Jesus die?
(4) Why was Herod bad? Why didn't he like Jesus?
(5) But where are the bad angels? Are they in this world?
(6) Are the good angels also in this world?
(7) But why did Satan not want to listen to God? Why did he want to be bad?
(8) Can the bad angels get into heaven now? (Upon answering 'no,' he sighed and said, 'okay, I can go to heaven then.')
(9) But where are the bad people? Are they in this world or a different world?
(10) If Jesus took away my sins when he died, then why do we still sin?

That last question brought on a huge Two Kingdom Theology discussion I never dreamed I'd be having with my 4 1/2 year old. Goodness, I don't understand most of the answers either--how puzzling it must be to him. Or maybe not. Maybe he just takes it at face value, the way Jesus calls us to, faith like a child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many of Megan's questions end with "...in this world?" I don't recall using such verbage as a child...nor do I remember asking all the questions Kyle & Megan ask...I'm glad they ask, though! Keep up the answers! Love you!!

Unknown said...

Kyle talks about 'this world' too a lot--I don't remember asking these questions either! :) I DO remember asking why we get sick and mom said it was because Adam and Eve sinned. I even remember where I asked it--i was sick with the flu in our austin home, so I was only maybe 7 or 8 and I remember being in our bathroom and asking her that. But I think that answer satisfied me. Kyle would continue with a statement that could easily become a thesis paper!