And breakfast and lunch...I only eat three meals a day. That's all I need. I seriously didn't think that was possible but when your body is working right and you don't have sugars in it, you only need three meals a day. It's amazing and I would not have believed it until I experienced it!
I have four breakfast meals that I like to rotate through. The first two I do every other day. Then the second two breakfast options require some planning but I then put them in the rotation because it makes four servings for each one. I don't do all of these this week but wanted to put out there the four I like to use. I will likely just do #1 and #2 this week but wanted to share the two others in case you wanted to try them already. I will probably make the porridge Thursday or Friday this week.
Breakfast #1: Three scrambled eggs in coconut oil with raspberries,blueberries, and apple with raw cashews.
Breakfast #2: One Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage with an apple with Justin's almond butter (make sure it has no sugar in there!) I have found the sausage at HEB in their Organic section and also at Target.
Breakfast #3: Banana Nut Porridge I make this with TWO bananas, instead of just one, and I like to top it with raisins. SO GOOD. I divide it into four ramekins and cover with foil and heat up for about 30 seconds and voila!
Breakfast #4: Baked Egg and Proscuitto Cups The blogger adapted this from another recipe to make it whole30 compliant. Be sure not to use cooking spray but use ghee instead. I eat two of these and sometimes some fruit with it. It's so filling.
Okay onto lunches and dinner. In general, I make my lunch whatever was leftover from dinner the night before.
Tuesday
Lunch: Pork chop and pan-fried sweet potato cubes. I have leftover pork chops from a few nights ago. The sweet potato is easy. I cut it into small cubes and then pan fry it in coconut oil and add sea salt. SO GOOD.
Dinner: Leftover Crockpot Beef Stew (I made this over the weekend)
Wednesday
Lunch: Leftover Chicken "Parmesan" with yellow squash. I cut up the squash and pan fry it in coconut oil and sprinkle sea salt on. This is another dish I doubled a few days ago and have leftovers still. I didn't make the sauce on this recipe but used this Make It With Your Hands Pasta Sauce. I also have found a marina sauce at Sprouts that is sugar free. That is nice to have on hand.
Dinner: Balsamic Marinated Chicken which is SO AMAZING. This marinade works for other meats too! It is INCREDIBLE on flank steak. I double this recipe so I have leftovers for lunch. Make with zucchini.
Thursday
Lunch: Leftover balsamic marinated chicken and sweet potato (can you tell I love sweet potato???)
Dinner: Tomato Dijon Turkey Meatballs with Make It With Your Hands Pasta Sauce and Steamed Broccoli with ghee melted on it and sea salt
Friday
Lunch: Leftover balsamic marinated chicken and yellow squash or zucchini
Dinner: Crockpot Pulled Pork This stuff is the BOMB. You have to make the Beasty BBQ Sauce that goes with it. I don't use all the sauce at once but instead divide and freeze one half to be used the next time I make pulled pork. I serve this with any vegetable I have on hand. My family eats it on a bun but I don't. It's that good! Plus buns aren't compliant!
Saturday
Lunch: Leftover pulled pork and any vegetable on hand
Dinner: Sweet Potato Chili. This is one of my favorites!
I will do some more adventuresome veggies next week like cauliflower rice and I might take a stab at brussell sprouts again. I'm pretty generic with veggies because coconut oil tastes amazing on everything! I also keep spinach leaves handy and toss then with chopped almonds and homemade Italian Salad Dressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment