I do a class called Body Pump twice a week. Today was a new release and it was a killer. Afterwards, in the words of the instructor, I seconded her: "WHAT just happened?" As I type, my biceps hurt. Everything hurts. My daughter wanted to go to Target afterwards for a cookie. Nope, kiddo. Mama is using what little strength she has left to buckle you in. There's no way I can buckle you in only to unbuckle you and then rebuckle you.That's just too much work for my arms now.
I rarely fantasize about eating during a workout. I'm usually just hoping I don't collapse and if I do collapse, I hope I can pull of a graceful swooning of a 19th century society woman. But today during the bicep track, I started thinking of what carbs I could load up on today after this workout and decided I'd make an omelet with sweet potatoes and spinach. I had no clue if that would turn out but I was willing to try.
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this treat was. I felt like a stellar chef when I threw in some basil and that really made it yummy. I considered throwing in curry but wasn't sure how that would blend with basil. Here's what I did:
Ingredients:
Small sweet potato
10 spinach leaves
4 eggs
Sea salt and basil season to taste
Dice up sweet potato and pan fry it on medium-low in coconut oil. (when in doubt with how much oil to use, go liberal. It's a good healthy fat that gives your food flavor)
Scramble 4 eggs. Melt coconut oil in another pan and pour eggs in.
Add sweet potatoes, spinach leaves (which will wilt from the heat), and season with sea salt and basil.
I had leftover sweet potato so that's a side dish for another meal. This was an amazing lunch. I want to use more basil next time. I just dumped some in so who knows how much I used. OH! Almost forgot. I discovered that the soft sweet potato chunks have a cheese-like texture. So really soft potato is a great cheese substitute in an omelet. Who knew?!
I imagine if you shred the potato, that would even blend even more so like cheese.
And the photo isn't great because I need better utensils for making an omelet look good too!

No comments:
Post a Comment