Sunday, July 6, 2008

Girl Stuff is so FUN!


I am loving girl toys! Makenna is having fun with her new stroller and baby dolls. Yesterday she started handing me toys to play with which is very exciting to see her reach that milestone. Tonight she was amusing me by picking up everything from railroad track pieces to a Lightening McQueen car to her doll and putting them in her stroller. So funny! We gave her a kitchen for her birthday and I just picked it up today from Wal-Mart (site-to-store is so cool), and I can't wait to assemble it so she and Kyle have a fun creative play toy to share--"share" is our goal of course, every parent's dream...we can dream...I know they will have fun with it and hopefully I'll have some pictures up soon of them cooking something together. I had no idea I would have so much fun showing Makenna how to play with her dolls! Now I totally understand why David was excited last summer when we gave Kyle a wooden train set. It all makes sense now...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not remember that mom used to save egg cartons, orange juice cans (with lids) and frozen dinner trays (aluminum back in the day) so I could stock my fridge. How much fun Kyle and Makenna will have with pretend cooking. Megan's always coming up with some concoction!

Unknown said...

I don't remember that! What a good idea! Girls toys seem to promote creative play. Boy stuff which is all we have pretty much promotes lots of throwing, kicking, loud noises, general boy things! It's nice to have quieter type toys like these things that promote nurturing and quiet play.

Holly Rehmann said...

Oh, Michelle! How fun! What a joy it is for you to share this with your sweet girl.

I don't like admiting this fact to many, but my girlfriends and I played with our Barbies well into our 8th grade year (after being forced to "play" with the door closed, we finally felt it was time to give up our passion. Necessary, but hard (: )..and still today, whenever given the opportunity to play dolls with little ones, I readily accept the offer!

Have fun! :)

I am so happy that

Holly Rehmann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think i played with barbies through 6th grade Holly! My friend Kari and I would read The Babysitter Club books together, crammed in on one bunk bed, and then we'd play with our barbies and act out the stories--I think! That is what I recall but who knows if that is accurate! I wonder how many of us girls played with dolls at such an "older" age? It's like we were all part of a secret doll society but nobody knew others were in it too! haha! That is SO how the teen years are...