Monday, July 14, 2008

Priceless Moment


Ella came over to play today and Janie and I gasped when she looked out the window and saw Kyle and Ella praying before their meal, totally unprompted by us. It was the most precious thing ever! Of course I had to grab the camera and ask them to pray again! And they did! How the Holy Spirit moves the smallest of His children. My prayer continually is that the Holy Spirit would tie Kyle's heartstrings to Jesus. And day after day, as we face the battle within Kyle (the law of sin versus the law of the Spirit), as well as the same battle I have within me, it sometimes feels like the law of the flesh is winning too often...and then moments like these happen, and I see again that God is good as always and despite this daily inner struggle, Jesus is real and is living in Kyle's heart--and Ella's. I can only boast in the LORD...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

how wonderful!
this post sure did put a smile on my face! :)

Unknown said...

HI Lisa! How are you? How are the boys?

Holly Rehmann said...

Praise Jesus! :)

Oh, Michelle, my heart absolutely soared when I saw this photo.

I want to share a little story with you about your now Bigger-seed, Kyle. Do you remember how focused Kyle would always be on the cross at the end of the service as it was led down the aisle and placed at the back of the sanctuary? And, how you often wondered what it was that he saw...Well, whenever I'm visiting Bethany and the cross leaves the sanctuary, I, too, can't help and wonder about the presence of the Holy Spirit. That story of your little one continues to help me focus. :)

Love you, Michelle.

Unknown said...

Hey Hols! So good to hear from you? I totally remember Kyle and the cross--I have always believed he could see angels in our midst.