Sunday, August 3, 2008

Castle Princess and Southern Charm


Kyle and Makenna saw their first castle yesterday at our friends Mike and Sueann's wedding at the Falkenstein Castle in Burnet, Texas. You can click on the link below to see the castle--really stunning. Makenna was outside the castle when I took this picture and to me it just captured the innocence and beauty of a little girl. She was simply enjoying the breeze on her face and the interesting granite and stone steps that were a new sight. She's our little princess and since she is a Texas girl, she should have some southern charm up her sleeve too, which I'm sure she'll use one day! Speaking of southern...

David and I have been deliberating for a while as to how to bring in "the bacon" with my working at some level. We were not sure how to do this since I didn't want to be out of the home during the day and certainly did not know what I could do from home at my leisure. I have decided to return to a company that I love and launch my Southern Living at Home business in mid-September. I am excited about the possibilities and have more motivation than I had two years ago when I launched my business, as a side-project hobby. This time I am motivated by the business-end and hope to build a steady business that can work around our family's schedule. And I will still be able to be at home with my kids and will be able to keep our flexible schedule. My goal is 4-6 parties a month and with having weekends open usually, it really helps me have flexibility. When I launched a few years ago, I was so busy most days that squeezing in parties was difficult and stressful. I worked the weekends often for church and then tried to squeeze in Friday or Saturday night parties which took away family-time. With the chaos-free lifestyle we have now, I am looking forward to not having to balance so much. I'm also happy that I will have a project outside of the kids that is something for me to wrap my brain around. I need that!

I love their product line and it made sense to return to something that I have some experience in and is easy for me to 'jump back into.' I also do not have any of the chaos in my life that I had two years ago when I tried to run a business as a hobby. While that was a good thought in theory, the reality is that being a consultant for Southern Living at Home is a business, at least if you want to really thrive and go somewhere with it, providing a useful income to the family.

I'm looking forward to this and with Kyle starting his three-day-a-week preschool this week, the timing could not be better. The new catalog releases this month too and I am amazed at the new product lines that have been added in the last two years. I do not have my website running yet as I will not officially sign on as a consultant for several more weeks since I must time it with my launch date. I'll post my launch date soon and if you are even far away from Hutto, you can be a customer from a distance since the company now offers drop-shipment which is a great perk that they added last year.

I'm excited that I will be helping provide for our family and hopefully eventually have funds to do home improvements or simply save for little vacations for us. And really, how fun is it to party with a bunch of ladies who just want to shop???? Oh and yes, the company is an equal opportunity employer--menfolk can consult too! Wink! And as a sidenote, my hubby likes the product line too--have to say that David enjoys their stuff almost as much as I do! He must have some sort of decorating bone in his body!

The link to the Falkenstein Castle is http://www.falkensteincastle.com/ if you want to see a cool place to get married!

No comments: