Friday, August 8, 2008

YouTube Lifehouse "Everything" Skit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJqRLU3J0I

Our worship service last week included this youtube skit in the sermon. I was in the nursery so I didn't see it until today when I clicked on it from a church email. I've seen many skits similar to these, but something about the choreography of the dancing makes it unique. It gives us a profound image of our struggle between our flesh and the Spirit of God. I have always loved picturing Jesus as someone I dance with and who loves me in a way that a Bridegroom loves his Bride, which I suppose is why He uses those images in Scripture. I will give a little disclaimer that it depicts some difficult issues that are the result of our fallen world, but nothing is graphic by any means, just as an FYI. I think it's well-done and stays away from the cheesy realm for the most part--good for youth groups and profound to all ages as well. I think if it were done for adults, props could be omitted as adults can project their own 'brokeness' or 'dark representations' into the skit, without prop usage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle! That was soo cool. Is it bc that's my life? I think so. wow. you're right. I've see a lot like it, but this one was so passionate and gripping and really hard! We dance with evil and somehow think that is the best of life. How miserable. I love the hug at the end. It should end in an embrace.