For the first time perhaps ever, I am eager about a 'new year.' I am beginning a new year thrilled about possibilities and new beginnings, or perhaps joy-filled and hope-filled continuations of what has already been and what still is. The subject line was in our Pastor's sermon today, based on the scripture in Philippians 3: "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." I chuckled inside today because I couldn't help but picture myself teaching 3rd-5th graders this verse with hand motions to help them memorize it. Those kids are all seniors in high school now. Paul knew he had to forget some things and knew he had to keep remembering what Jesus was doing and had done, referencing the prize for which God had called him. It was going to be pretty hard for him to forget that incident on the road to Damascus that left him blind for three days and showed him a piece of the prize awaiting him.
So I am committing myself to my blog once again to take take each day to look at what I will be forgetting and what I will be remembering, reflecting on what Jesus has done in my life this last year. I'll actually be looking back at some of life five years ago.
I don't want to give away all the details. So hopefully knowing you might get on my blog every other day will prompt me to write about some things that I simply don't want to forget, remembrances that are beautiful early brushstrokes on the portrait of our family today and what it will be in the future.
I'm terrified to commit myself to blogging every other day. I immediately go to the question, 'when will i find the time?' Admittedly, I don't know. Having both kids out of preschool now, running a part-time party business, and keeping up with the house, along with just 'life,' and looking into writing a children's book this year, I'm scared I could let you down. So just know you might get on and I might just have not written in awhile. I'm nowhere near perfect at holding to my commitments to the letter of the law. But know my heart's desire is to bring you along on a remembrance journey, little snippets of our family life, moments for me to remember and to forget.
So I rest tonight knowing I'll go into this endeavor with courage and peace knowing I can fail and it's okay. Tomorrow's another day to be perfectly imperfect and still unconditionally loved by my Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment