Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Heart Soars...

All sorts of things going on this week! Last Sunday Kyle went up to the children's sermon and sat on-stage by himself for the first time. He also was the carrier of "the box" which is what kiddos take turns taking home each week. They return to the children's sermon with something of theirs from home. Kyle's turn was last week by default as a buddy of his ended up taking it home even though they were going to Disneyworld. So Kyle had the box for the first time, went to the children's message for the first time, AND went to Sunday School for the first time too! It was so awesome for us to see him being such a big boy! He told his teachers that his church is Point of Grace and that he loves it. I can't wait for him to tell his teachers that Jesus "couldn't go another inch, was put in a room inside a mountain with a big heavy door...and then on the third day, Jesus made that door come open and he came back to life and was breathing again." And as he likes to tell me after telling me this, "Mommy, that makes me so happy." Yes, it makes me happy too, beyond happy.

I have explained death to Kyle by connecting it to The Little Engine That Could story where it says the engine couldn't go another inch. He totally grasps what that means so in case you're trying to figure out a way to make the death of Jesus "real" to a toddler, consider connecting it with a story they already know--I had no idea how handy that book would be! I am really seeing signs of his heartstrings being tied to Jesus. And it is good for me to remember this as sibling rivalry is alive and well around here this week!

Other stuff going on is I enrolled Kyle in his first preschool today. He was so excited to go and is even going to be loopier tomorrow when we go back so he can "tour" it. It's here in Hutto, very small, and very personal, family-feeling. He'll start in May and will go Tu/Thurs and then in the fall go MWF. Other fun news that is always exciting is Makenna cut a few more teeth! Her top two teeth are in and I'm going to investigate more tomorrow and see if there are some more teeth on top. I felt several but I have to get a better look. Makenna is pulling to standing now and was already moving down the couch in a standing position. She also let go once and threw herself towards me so we're just waiting now for those first steps which are soon to come.

Kyle is also going to the potty now before bedtime and that is a HUGE step forward. It is only at bathtime but he took the initiative so maybe I'll potty train Makenna and Kyle at the same time in a few years! Hehe! He's very proud of himself when he goes and I'm just thrilled he's sitting on there! In his own time...For all you Moms of girls, just wait until you have a boy or maybe you do have a boy and know how different they are when it comes to the potty...or so I hear!

David's at praise band practice tonight and is a regular now at church in the band on the bongos and congos. He's really loving it--he totally enjoys the rest of the band and those friendships that are growing. We are loving our Alpha bible study on Sundays and we have just been amazed at how God is speaking to us in this group and through the relationships we've formed with our small group. It is a powerful thing when we invoke the name of God and the Holy Spirit just fills us until we overflow. I could fill pages with all my reflections on this--I suppose the Gospel writers thought the same thing as they were moved by the Spirit to write only what they wrote. They probably were thinking, "Oh man! I really wanted to include that miracle at that other wedding Jesus went to! Okay, I'll write just about the one in Cana." Who knows how that all went down--I just know there aren't enough pages to include everything that Jesus does in our lives. I suppose that is why we'll have eternity to talk about Him!

That's it for now--I'll try to get some pics of the kids up soon.

No comments: