
This has been a big week here around the Turnipseed home...we've had several weeks of "difficult" Kyle-behavior, but it seems we are turning a corner. We're not sure all the factors involved but I want to share some great things going on in the kids' lives!
Makenna is totally standing and moving down the couch edge. She has pulled up on me a few times now, while I'm sitting on the floor, and she lets go for a few seconds. I think she'll walk soon--we'll see! She also had FOUR teeth on top cut through a week ago--that explained the waking up at night and now resting well during the day either. Ouch! Now she has six total teeth. We were amazed this week because she has pretty much gone to only table foods. She is eating anything we put in front of her. It is incredibly exciting for us as some of y'all remember how big brother wasn't too fond of anything but baby food and literally wanted us to just pour food down his throat. Well! She LOVES chewing and gumming anything from cheerios to chicken to green beans to cheese...very fun stuff as it is allowing meals to run smoother as she can feed herself the entire meal! Yahoo! She's also so easy to take on errands. She loves stores and looking at people and just is as happy as can be riding around in the shopping cart. That's my girl!
Kyle also has very exciting news for you all! He is potty training! We tried last August and some of you know how wacky that went...well, we have turned the corner or the mountain slope or maybe we've gone off the edge into older toddler-hood. Yesterday morning he just out of the blue told me he wanted to wear his Diego underwear. And that was that! We've been waiting totally on him to tell us when he's ready and sure enough--the day has arrived. We're only into Day 2 and I won't go into the nitty gritty yucky details of one accident yesterday (I don't use pull-ups at home, so you can imagine) but today was only one accident so yeah! He also dropped everything he was doing tonight when he was playing trains with Daddy to go do his business--and business he did! We were SO proud of him--this is an incredibly proud time for us as we're seeing him becoming a big boy. He is wanting to dress himself and get his own shoes on and these are just indescribable milestones to watch him reach.
Kyle has also not napped this whole week. We think he's outgrowing them. He'll fall asleep for awhile in the car when we're out and that pretty much rejuvenates him. While I miss my time I used to have during naps, it's giving us more playtime together while Makenna is sleeping and we both were needing that with each other. It's also working out well since we're potty training now. Hopefully I can blog soon again that we've progessed even further with that and I won't have to blog that we've returned to diapers! Here are some recent pics of the kids...
1 comment:
It's funny how I can feel nauseous and so in love with these kids at the same time. Look at all the snot and slobber in the pic with Kyle’s horizontal head over Makenna’s! Coul you just package them up and send them up here?
That’d be great, thanks.
:) tif
Post a Comment