Makenna showed the first signs of a stomach virus at Sea World last Friday and throughout the weekend, there was really no improvement. On Monday, our pediatrician's nurse advised to keep doing liquids and starchy foods and bring her in if in two days, things weren't better. Well, today we trekked into Austin as things were not better. She's been sleeping a TON, very lethargic, and has no appetite. Then when I got home with her and was about to lay her in her crib, she vomitted.
Kyle has been conked out on the couch for the last few hours. He awakened for a drink and while I was on the phone with the nurse again, he fell back asleep. My hope is now that he has not picked up her bug.
It's so hard to see Makenna so tired and not eating. She also hasn't smiled too much the last few days and is always cuddling. She just isn't herself obviously. It's really all new to me because Kyle was never sick. The only "sicknesses" he had were severe allergies (which were bad bad bad!!!). Incidentally, Kyle has multiple allergies which are now treated properly and he does Pulmicort breathing treatments every night and we have been allergy-free for Kyle since November!
Anyway, he never picked up viruses, so this is all new to me with Makenna. Every child is different...Poor thing has been sick twice in the last five weeks. I'll update soon if Kyle is sick too--I am really praying he is not. Drop me a line--we've been cooped up here at the house all week and it doesn't look like things will be changing as we go into the weekend.
Email or blog so I can have more adult contact! Wink! The only contact I'm getting is at evening gym classes and behold, 5:30 am classes which let's get real, I'm not talking to anybody at that hour!
No comments:
Post a Comment