Monday, June 9, 2008

A Year in Hutto Already!

I can't believe it's been a year since we moved to Hutto! I was giving Makenna her bath and for some reason thought of the date and yup, it's June 9, the day we moved to Hutto last year. A year has flown by! We are thankful to God for our family and friends that helped us move and transition and all the new friends we've made here. Jesus has been so good to our family; I just can't give Him enough praise.

Does living in Hutto make one officially a Hippo? I couldn't remember if a group of hippos were a flock, a gaggle, a colony, a swarm, a band...just kidding...I thought herd was the general name for a group of hippos, but they are also called a "bloat." But apparently ten or more is considered a herd. Well, sorry to disappoint, but this Hutto household is a happy herd of hippos and I'm not planning to have seven more children to be officially classified as a hippo herd. So for now, we're the herd of hippos of whirling eddy cove. What a mouthful! Fortunately, we don't each have to eat 16-20 kg of grass every night (un, conversion is 35-40 lbs!!!!) and we also don't take five hours to eat every night...I prefer sleeping to grazing for my food all night long. So I suppose the moral of the story is I'm glad I am a human and not truly a hippo, just a hippo poser. Have a great night and be glad you're not hunting for grass to eat tonight!

No comments: