Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hoppin' Hippo is so FUN!



Kyle and Ella had fun yesterday at the Hoppin' Hippo here in Hutto--what fabulous alliteration. Ella's parents just had baby Seth this past week and we had an opportunity to help out by keeping Ella entertained before her parents came home from the hospital, so entertain we did! I took them to Hoppin' Hippo's back-to-school event, $5 jump with hot dogs and face painting--couldn't ask for more! They had a blast and I was so thrilled that Kyle wanted his face painted. This is one of those milestones that is special to me as he has always shyed away from doing face painting and usually backs out once it's his turn. So this was tremendous fun for me to watch him enjoy such a fun childhood thing like face-painting. Since Kyle loves sealife, this shark was perfect for him! He's just growing up in so many ways--hard to believe he is nearly 3 1/2. Makenna continues to be all over the place and today absolutely delighted me when she took her baby doll, hugged it, and kissed it, while sitting in her rocking chair. I had no idea little girls already do that at her age! (although I have been modeling that roleplay for her and she imitates EVERYTHING once she has seen it a couple of times). She is almost 14 months old--hard to believe that too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cool face painting!! It looks like y'all had a great time!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was REALLY impressed with the artist! We planned to go with Collin, then I wasn't planning too and then Collin couldn't either...so then we wound up going anyway since I offered to keep Ella that day and I was so glad we did--they had so much fun! Sometime you and Megan will need to come in on a half-day so we can go jump!