Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's amazing how easily people can raise their hands in triumph, shout battle cries, and scream with joy or even groan in despair...at sporting events. But yet, in worship, too often we hardly move our feet. I love worship in all formats. I've met with God and been covered by the aroma of incense at a Greek Orthodox service (although I did feel a wee bit spacey afterwars). I've seen people lay prostrate in worship (so thankful to a high school friend who took me to his church on Sunday nights so I could be exposed to this as I myself have laid prostrate privately in prayer). I've heard the speaking of tongues and the proclamation as they are interpreted. I've sat in silent reverence in a Catholic service and been in awe of the beauty of the latin liturgy, completely done in latin. I appreciate however a person desires to lift their voice in song. I myself am more charismatic in worship but sometimes, I simply kneel in our row at church and spend time, completely silent and just listen to the sounds of those around me. Sometimes that is what i need. Other times, I need to wave my arms because my voice can't express what my heart is feeling. I raise my arms as a banner to the One who saved me. Doesn't he deserve my full expression, rather than me holding back out of fear of what another might think of me? I don't worry about such things anymore. I just meet with Jesus and spend time with him. We know every knee will bow. We know David danced before the Lord with all his might and when he was rebuked by his wife, he told her that he was going to become even MORE undignified than what she was seeing (loincloth being the only thing on him--eek). So this video just was so special. The hearing impaired person, unless they are able to use their voice, MUST use their body to worship (unless they sing simply in their head which is appropriate too of course!). This expression of worship in this video captures so much of what my heart senses sometimes. And yet, like any other relationship, sometimes I just go through the motions because I"m distracted. And that's okay too. I keep worshipping because He has commanded me to. We were created to worship. It's one of the main differences between us and animals. So I will worship.



No comments: