Sunday, February 24, 2008
Jesus is with the band
Today was a sort of bizarro world for our family but in a very good way. This morning was David's first day on the bongos in our church's praise band. He was out the door by 8 AM, a time I usually left the house on Sundays. Today we switched roles! For the first time in eight months, David and I drove seperately to church (we used to always drive seperate since I went earlier), and it was so he could serve in ministry! It is so exciting to see him free to serve like this. In fact, today was the first time I had ever heard him play the drums. (I have of course seen the famous Reagan marching band tapes he has subjected me to,and er, Joel & Tiff). Anyway, it was a total joy for me to see David serving Jesus like this. I am seeing again that by my stepping out of professional ministry, we've given freedom to the Spirit to just start with a clean slate and ignite both of us. It's just awesome beyond words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment