We celebrate all sorts of milestones in kids' lives--first bath, first tooth, first steps, etc...but I'd like to raise up a few "firsts" that I think go unnoticed and unappreciated. Kyle has made my life "easier" in a number of ways recently that I just have to celebrate.
1. My child can wipe his own hands and face. Maybe other kids his age do this faster than he did, but I am so glad this child can do it himself! He likes napkins so much that his think now is to unfold it and place it under his plate, hiding his placemat and then quizzing Makenna as to where the pictures on the placemat went.
2. Kyle can truly BLOW his nose! We have tried valiantly to get him to blow OUT and not IN (I suppose you can't blow in, but you suck in, to clarify). We've even had friends demonstrate and try to teach him the power of blowing the nose. TODAY, he did it! I was so excited! This is the highway to fewer sinus infections so yes, I was ecstatic. I think Kyle was stunned and amazed at how happy I was to see big globs in the tissue.
3. He can get his own fork or spoon out of the drawer because he can reach it! Kyle has had a little growth spurt in the last few months so to my delight, he can get his own utensils now. No worries--no sharp knives in there. 4. Kyle will play on the swing at the park. Okay, I know it sounds crazy that he didn't want to do this before, but he never has wanted to be on the swing and practically runs from it. Today he loved the swing. I was getting tired of the slide personally...So the whole point of this is to say let's celebrate the quirky milestones that those milestone calendar companies fail to recognize!
No comments:
Post a Comment